WILD RICE BURRITO BOWL WITH CILANTRO-LIME AVOCADO DRESSING


I haven’t posted a savoury recipe on the blog since this Shredded Tofu Pasto Sandwich, more than a month ago. Since one of my blog goals was to share more lunch and dinner recipes, I figured it was high time I got started on that. So today, I decided to kick things off with this Vegan Wild Rice Burrito Bowl topped with Creamy Cilantro-Lime Avocado Dressing.



You may have noticed that I share mostly breakfast, snack and dessert recipes around here. I have a massive sweet tooth and love all things breakfast, so obviously I’m going to gravitate towards those foods. Plus, in my opinion, baking is a lot more fun than actual cooking.

WILD RICE BURRITO BOWL WITH CILANTRO-LIME AVOCADO DRESSING

INGREDIENTS

For the burrito bowl
1½ heaping cups iceberg lettuce, chopped
½ cup cooked wild rice
Optional Toppings:
2 tbsp salsa
2 tbsp corn
2 tbsp refried beans
¼ avocado, sliced or diced
roasted chickpeas
For the dressing:
¾ cup almond milk* (I used Almond Breeze® Unsweetened Original)
2 tbsp olive oil
¾ ripe avocado, diced
1 green onion, sliced
1 tbsp fresh cilantro
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp lime juice
½ tsp lime zest
¼ tsp each salt, freshly ground pepper, ground cumin and chili powder

INSTRUCTIONS

To assemble the bowl:
Add the lettuce to the bottom of a serving bowl, add rice and other desired toppings then drizzle with cilantro-lime avocado dressing.
For the dressing:
In a blender, combine Almond Breeze, olive oil, avocado, green onion, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, lime zest, salt, pepper and cumin; blend until smooth. Refrigerate until serving.

NOTES

* If you prefer a thicker dressing, start with ⅔ cup of almond milk and add more until desired consistency is reached

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel

Loading...