Vegan Pesto Spaghetti Squash


I have officially hit the I don’t feel like cooking meals anymore stage. I think I am preparing myself for lazy summer days, but I am enjoying quick(er) fix meals at the moment, like these Mediterranean Chicken Wraps. I am building up my slow cooker recipes (got a great roundup post coming soon on that) and I think that will help.



I decided to microwave a spaghetti squash for convenience. I actually kind of prefer the texture of it baked as it seemed to be more tender and a bit caramelized around the edges, but this works! Squash is loaded with nourishing compounds and is an antioxidant-rich source of Vitamin C and beta carotene. I also love that the thick flesh protects the flesh inside and allows squash to store-well. Meaning it’s not likely to go bad in a week like other veggies.

VEGAN PESTO SPAGHETTI SQUASH


PRINT
PREP TIME
10 mins
COOK TIME
15 mins
TOTAL TIME
25 mins

a heart-healthy, antioxidant-rich, vegan pesto spaghetti squash is a great side to any meal.
Recipe type: Side
Serves: 6

INGREDIENTS

1 medium spaghetti squash
For the pesto:
1 cup packed kale (can sub spinach)
1 cup packed basil leaves
½ cup walnuts
¼ cup nutritional yeast
⅓ cup olive oil
2 tablespoon water
2 cloves garlic
¼ to ½ teaspoon salt
pinch of black pepper
squeeze from ½ small lemon, ~1 tablespoon

INSTRUCTIONS

Place spaghetti squash cut side down in a baking dish. Add ~1 inch of water. Poke ~6 slits through the skin of each squash half. Microwave for ~12-15 minutes or until tender.
For the pesto, combine all the ingredients (kale through lemon) in a mini food processor. Blend together until pureed. Adjust seasoning as needed. If it's too thick for your liking, add a little more water or lemon juice. Top spaghetti squash with desired amount of pesto. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel

Loading...