Vegan Fruit and Veggie Everything Breakfast Loaf


Remember last week when I snuck kale into a delicious batch of cookies? Earlier this week I was in the mood for a breakfast (dessert) bread and I decided to come up with something using greens and oats. As I was chopping up the spinach, I thought “why stop there?” and I decided to throw carrots, raisins, strawberries, blueberries- basically everything that was fresh in my fridge.



The result was today’s Vegan Fruit and Veggie Everything Breakfast Loaf and I’m happy to report that it really hits the spot! It’s hearty, crispy on the top, soft on the inside and full of flavor. It’s perfect for breakfast but I’ve been enjoying it most as a 4 pm energy snack. I recommend toasting a slice and spreading coconut or vegan butter on top…mm!

Vegan Fruit and Veggie Everything Breakfast Loaf

Prep time
10 mins
Cook time
45 mins
Total time
55 mins

Ingredients

dry ingredients
2 cups spelt flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon salt
wet ingredients
½ cup coconut oil, melted
½ cup maple syrup
½ cup non-dairy milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
fold in
1 cup chopped spinach
1 cup shredded carrot
½ cup raisins
½ cup berries

Instructions

Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
In a small bowl, stir together wet ingredients
Add contents small bowl to large. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Fold in spinach, carrot, raisins and berries.
Transfer batter to loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes.
Let cool completely before removing from pan and slicing.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel

Loading...