HEALTHY VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS


Soooo I’ll be honest, these started out as a chocolate raspberry muffin… that didn’t go very well, the raspberries got ishy soggy and made strange bubbles in the middle of the muffin… it was definitely NOT good! But the chocolate chips in here worked amazing, every bite is soft and slightly chewy, dense and moist and has mini chocolate chips, I mean what could be better?… now that I am typing this, I think maybe some walnuts would have been pretty tasty too… next time!



Also I know everyone who is Gluten Free is probably disappointed right now, but I’ll be honest GF baking is HARD! I’m trying to find a flour or a mix that I like when it comes to baking things like muffins but I usually don’t like how it turns out, either a funky texture or strange taste… but I keep trying,  so all you who are GF, be patient with me I’m always thinking about it! 😉

HEALTHY VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS

5 from 4 reviews
 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 23 mins  Total Time: 33 mins  Yield: 7 Category: Muffin

DESCRIPTION
These Healthy Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins are sweetened with maple syrup and chocolate chips, super easy to make and great for breakfast, dessert or just snacking! Vegan.

INGREDIENTS

DRY INGREDIENTS:

1 ½ cups unbleached all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp sea salt
¼ cup plus 2 tbsp cocoa powder (plain dark chocolate)

WET INGREDIENTS:

1 cup unsweetened almond milk mixed with ½ tsp apple cider vinegar (let sit 5 minutes)
¼ cup melted coconut oil
¼ cup maple syrup
3 oz. unsweetened natural apple sauce
1 ½ tsp vanilla
ADD INS:
½ cup vegan chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)

INSTRUCTIONS

Pre heat the oven at 375 F
In a large mixing bowl add all your dry ingredients.
In a small bowl add the almond milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside
In a separate smaller bowl add your coconut oil (melt in microwave for a few seconds if it is not already liquid) add the rest of the wet ingredients except the almond milk mixture.
Add the almond milk mixture and the other wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl and stir until everything is well combined. Add the vegan chocolate chips and stir them in.
Spray your muffin tin with non-stick spray (unless it’s a non-stick pan) and spoon the batter evenly into 7 muffins. Top with extra chocolate chips if desired.
Place in the oven and bake for 23 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean when you poke it into the muffin centers.
Let cool at least 15 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.

NOTES

This will seem like a really thick batter but trust me that is what makes this so dense and delicious!

AND this microwaved to be nice and warm the next day is even more delicious!

UPDATE: A reader let me know she used brown sugar instead of maple syrup and it still turned out good, I have not personally tried it but I wanted to make a note of that.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel

Loading...